You are cordially invited to attend the COMEX6 conference!
This, the 6th International Conference on Collective Motion in Nuclei under Extreme Conditions (COMEX6 ) in the series which will be held in 2018 in Cape Town, South Africa from October 29, 2018 (Monday) to November 2, 2018 (Friday).
The conference is hosted by the iThemba Laboratories for Accelerator Based Sciences (iThemba LABS), part of the National Research Foundation, South Africa and, organized by iThemba LABS staff and representatives from southern African universities, as well as two former COMEX organizing chairmen, Professors A Maj and P von Neumann-Cosel.
The COMEX conferences are a continuation of the long series of topical conferences on giant resonances started in 1979. The scope of COMEX6 will be similar to that of the previous ones:
- COMEX1, held in Paris (France) in 2003,
- COMEX2, held in Sankt Goar (Germany) in 2006,
- COMEX3, held in Michigan (US) in 2009 and
- COMEX4, held in Kanagawa (Japan) in 2012
- COMEX5, held in Krakow (Poland) in 2015
The main topics of COMEX6 conference are:
- Giant resonances in cold and hot nuclei,
- Collective and new excitation modes in nuclei,
- Spin and isospin modes,
- Clustering and pairing in excitations,
- Studies of the decay of highly excited states,
- Applications in astrophysics,
- Novel instrumentation and methods.
A short pre-conference satellite event is envisaged, the details of which will be advertised on this website in due course.
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee